Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Problems of Work - Solved!

L.J. completed the book course for Problems of Work. She says, "This course offers guidance on how to make the best out of work. It gave me a more realistic and optimistic outlook on work. Knowing that work is actually the stable datum of life forced me to look at work as a source of comfort and security rather than a burden. It is work that gives life purpose. Throughout my time spent on this course, my work life presented numerous challenges. At my work I was faced with the reality of having my hours cut and unpredictable scheduling. After finishing my course, my job situation took a turn for the better. For the last couple of weeks I have been working more consistently and mostly on day shift rather than exclusively on graveyard shift. The concept that life is a game, and that work (which occupies most of our life) is just one more necessary game, forced me to view work as a challenging game, which can exert some control over."